Thursday, May 22, 2008

Damn Baristas!

Today's comic continues the Reset/Simione/Newt Storyline--Reset ripped off Wooly's eye and taped that, along with an orange, to his nether-regions to simulate big "balls". Wooly got his eye back, and in this strip, Newt accidentally smashes the orange with the portafilter. Despite the Starbucks parodies in this one, it's horribly inaccurate...Starbucks baristas don't use portafilters, they simply press a button (sorry guys, but it's true!) Also, those damn free drink coupons....basically Starbuck's only defense against an upset customer (basically saying, I'm sorry I called you a racial slur/hit on your wife/beat up your kid, here's a free latte on me). Well, it's not that serious, but still. Sadly, my day job is a supervisor in a local coffee shop and I've been a supervisor @ both Starbucks and Caribou Coffee, so this is something I'm all too familiar with....anyways, enjoy!